Here at Style Hatch we’re excited to release Calidor as our 12th and possibly most customizable theme yet! Virtually everything you see with the theme can be customized from background images to colors to Typekit fonts to layout options. Install it on your Tumblr blog for only $49.
As a bonus Calidor responds beautifully from large desktop resolutions down to smartphones. Go ahead, try it out on your iPhone or iPad.
With 11 color options and 4 image options Calidor’s customization options make the theme quite flexible. We added subtle touches like the locking navigation bar and small animated details that will help your blog stand out. To see how the theme design adapts to the browser size from high resolutions to mobile devices try resizing your window. Cool huh? We can’t wait to see what everyone does with the theme!
Calidor has built in support for group blogs, sharing on Facebook and Twitter, Disqus, Flickr, and sites you follow. Also in the appearances options you’ll find nearly 30 social profile icon links.
Want ultimate control over the typography in Calidor? Typekit is fully supported in Calidor through the appearance options. Here are the basic steps involved in setting up Typekit for your site:
- Register for a Typekit account - https://typekit.com/plans Typekit offers several affordable yearly accounts, but you can always go with the free plan with access to their trial library.
- Browse through the library and click + Add to Kit after you’ve selected the body and title font for your site.
- While you have the Typekit Editor open go through the list of Weights & Styles (screenshot) selecting only the fonts that you need. This is typically regular, regular italic, bold and bold italic.
- Once you have your two fonts selected hit the green Publish button at the bottom right (screenshot).
- Go to back to Tumblr and open Customize > Appearance, find the Typekit ID field and paste in your Typekit ID. You can find the ID by opening the Typekit Editor and clicking Embed Code at the top right. You only want to copy and paste the 7-8 character ID at the bottom (screenshot).
- Now paste in the font-family values for the body, UI and title fonts into Customize > Appearance. You will find it by clicking Advanced below the Selectors on the left (screenshot).
Example: "proxima-nova-1", "proxima-nova-2", sans-serif
Tip: Even if you don’t use Typekit you can use the Body, UI, and Title Font Family options to paste in other standard font-family fonts.
- Background - Set the background color used for the overall site. If you want to just show a solid background color make sure you clear out the background image option.
- Header - Set the background color in the header area. If you want to just show a solid background color make sure you clear out the header image option.
- Header Title - Set the color of the header title text
- Nav - Set the color of the navigation bar where your page list displays. If you want to just show a solid nav color make sure you clear out the nav image option.
- Nav Hover - Set the hover color of the nav links, icons and pages.
- Text - Set the overall text color used throughout the theme.
- Title - Set the color used for post and sidebar titles.
- Accent - Set the color used for various links, rollover elements and UI touches.
- UI - Set the color used for the post and section dividers.
- Meta - Set the color of the tags, time ago, comment and note count links.
- Frame - Set the color of the frame around each of the photos, quotes, videos, etc.
- Logo - Upload an image to replace the site title with a logo. You could also use this option to upload a header image at the top of your blog.
- Background - Upload an image to be used as the site’s background. With the “fill background image” option you can upload larger images that will stretch and fill to the browser size. Otherwise the background image will simply tile.
- Header - Upload an image to be used behind the site title or logo that you upload. By default the header background image repeats and is fixed in position.
- Nav - Upload an image that will appear behind the navigation and page list. By default the nav background image repeats and is fixed in position.
- Show portrait in description - Display your blog icon inside the site description
- Fill background image - Check this option to stretch larger background images to always fill the browser window. Otherwise the background image will simply tile.
- Show group blog details - If your site is setup as a secondary blog, and you invite others to be authors check this option to show the author list as well as author names below each post.
- Show sites I follow - Show a list of icons for the sites that you follow on the sidebar.
- Use rounded post corners - This option will enable rounded corners on modern browsers for all the blog posts and sidebar items.
- Use post frames - Displays a frame with a drop shadow around each of the post images, videos, quotes, chats, and audio posts.
- Group posts by date - Enable this option to group posts together by date.
Calidor give you the ability to change up various titles and bits of text throughout the theme. These options include: description title, social links title, authors title, following title, likes title, flickr title and footer copyright.
Extensions and 3rd Party Addons
- Disqus ID - Add your Disqus Site Shortname to enable comments for your site. Click here to register for a Disqus site account.
- Google Analytics ID - Ascender has asynchronous Google Analytics tracking built into the theme, all you need to do is add your site ID to this option.
- Clicky ID - For realtime tracking of who is on your site right now, goals, campaigns and Twitter monitoring add your Click ID. Clicky does charge for their analytics and tracking, but I highly recommend it for people who are stats junkies. Sign up for an account with Clicky.
- Flickr ID - Add your Flickr ID to display four thumbnails of your most recently uploaded images. To find your Flickr ID use http://idgettr.com
- Typekit ID - Add your Typekit site ID enable custom typography and font-face fonts for your site.
- Tweet Count - Sets the number of recent tweets to show in the right column.
- Likes Count - Sets the number of Tumblr liked posts to display in the right column. The maximum like count is 10.
Add URLs to display the following social site icons below your site description. Note: Make sure you add the full URL, including http://.
Behance, Cargo Collective, Delicious, Deviant Art, Digg, Dribbble, Ember, Etsy, Facebook, FFFFound, Flickr, Formspring, Forrst, Foursquare, Gowalla, Last.fm, Linked In, Rdio, Skype, Slideshare, Soundcloud, Stumbled Upon, Twitter, Vimeo, generic website link, Youtube, and your email address.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- bathroomideasgod likes this
- 171gifer likes this
- cnhqhotel likes this
- ixior-nl likes this
- fridleyfarmer likes this
- pvmhien likes this
- angelicanation-ontour likes this
- solutigo likes this
- kristenstiwort reblogged this from calidor
- kristenstiwort likes this
- immaprincesslostatsea reblogged this from calidor
- italiancito likes this
- jeanmann likes this
- gothaweeks likes this
- sos100 likes this
- filmes-no likes this
- btx91 likes this
- nervous-noodle reblogged this from calidor
- alythebird likes this
- alyssaarnold likes this
- steelopus likes this
- pneus-et-roues likes this
- kingdombryant likes this
- ttttest2 likes this
- seoplundpcc reblogged this from calidor
- copywriter-copywriting reblogged this from calidor
- speedupmylaptop reblogged this from calidor
- local-ceopro-20-ceo reblogged this from calidor
- local-ceopro-17-ceo reblogged this from calidor
- cuildmyranksi40 reblogged this from calidor
- buildesoe9z reblogged this from calidor
- cheap-searchs-eng reblogged this from calidor
- searchs-eng-companies reblogged this from calidor
- searchs-eng-for-smalles reblogged this from calidor
- seobulzs reblogged this from calidor
- seocompadesncz reblogged this from calidor
- calidor posted this